All set to Lose Your Glasses? Ten pointers for picking a LASIK or Laser Vision CorrectionThe world of ophthalmology is among the fastest progressing fields of medication. Never before have numerous brand-new methods and scientific breakthroughs emerged in such a brief amount of time. LASIK surgery, which utilizes an excimer laser to improve the cornea, offers countless people the chance to minimize or eliminate their requirement for glasses or contacts .
Tv and radio advertisements are filled with incredible stories about LASIK surgical treatment as the painless and quick way to fix vision, but stories are also appearing about individuals for whom it was less than successful. Prior to you opt to go under the beam, exactly what can you do to assist guarantee that you will more than happy with your outcomes?
The key to safe surgical treatment in any field of medication is an informed client. Take a little time and research the LASIK center you are considering for laser eye surgical treatment. Dr. Robert K. Maloney, voted by his peers as one of America's Top Ten vision correction cosmetic surgeons in a national survey by Ophthalmology Times, uses the following guidelines to quality care and treatment.
1. Find a physician by getting recommendations from other medical professionals or from patients who have had LASIK or laser vision correction.
Don't be deceived by elegant ads about a specific laser. Select the physician, not the laser.
3. Select a physician who has actually done at least 5,000 LASIK or eye laser surgical treatments. What a doctor doesn't understand can important site hurt you.
Ask for details on your physician's LASIK eye surgical treatment issue rates. If your physician will not tell you, find another one.
Ask exactly what measures are taken to avoid infection. Firmly insist that your eye is thoroughly disinfected, and firmly insist that the surgical instruments be decontaminated prior to your eye laser surgery to eliminate the danger of transmission of HIV or hepatitis.
6. Beware of ads pressing "low cost" LASIK surgical treatment. Discount surgical treatment is as great as a discount rate parachute. The possible savings are not worth the threat of receiving less than professional care!
Anticipate to see extremely well after LASIK, but do not expect to see completely. As with any eye laser surgical treatment, results are as specific as each patient. Be careful of any doctor who assures 20/20 vision.
If you feel like you're getting a tough sell, you most likely are. Read Full Report You're not purchasing a cars and truck; this is genuine LASIK eye surgical treatment.
9. Implantable lenses will most likely offer better vision than LASIK if your level of nearsightedness is more than -11 or so. Think about waiting till the new lenses are offered. Ask your physician about them and other recent advances.
10. While you examine, don't lose sight of the advantages: for the majority of people, a lifetime of bad vision can be treated in 5 minutes. LASIK eye surgery has actually enhanced the eyesight of millions of individuals around the world.